Friday 11 June 2010

Postcards Nos 18 & 19

I am so lucky as today I opened 2 postcards! I had 10 lined up ready & as my big day is in a week & a 1/2 I thought I ought! The first is from Sue McB in Victoria, Australia, at Paddy's Daughter

It is beautifully precise, I could never achieve something so wonderfully neat! Lovely straight lines with  both machine & hand stitching - just wonderful.

Looking at this pretty flower I feel so hopeful, thank you.




The next card is from Jill at Third Age Musings in Bedfordshire, UK. It is oh so delicate! Ribbons & lace & lots of tiny hand stitches.There's a little pocket with a Happy Birthday to me in it. On the back Jill says it was inspired by WW1 embroidered postcards sent home by troops in France, what a lovely idea, & it's quite poignant to read about on google.

This card gives me a feeling of serenity, just as the people who fought for our country's peace do. Thank you for this.



Isn't it amazing that these 2 cards from thousands of miles apart, have perfectly matched colors?

Another amazing thing - I have reached 50 people who have agreed to swap a postcard with me. I'm still waiting for a couple of addresses, but I am incredibly touched. Thank you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emma...Happy Birthday celebrations! Your gift cards your receiving are beautiful!!! What a cherished and forever keepsakes! And such a blessing from friends around the world! :)

Jill said...

Glad the card reached you okay and you liked it. Congratulations on reaching your 50 target! You will have a truly unique art collection at the end of it. I am going to copy your picture as I completely forgot to photo your card befor I sent it and I like to have a record of what I have made. I alsways look forward to an 'opening' on your blog.

Heloise said...

Both so different and as you say they match. Really love the second one for being delicate and what it represents. I hope that we get to see all the cards together at some point.
Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Em, I'm going to second what Heloise said - I really hope we can see them all together. Did you get the package?

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Hi Emma, both beautiful cards in their own right so lovely that they match colourwise, glad to hear you reached your 50 goal Have a fab weekend ju x

Julie said...

How lovely to have achieved your 50 cards. These two today are both beautiful, especially the second which really does have the feel of a WW1 card.

CAROLYN SAXBY said...

All of the cards are wonderful ... each and every one!

mano said...

I'm happy to found your blog - it is really wonderful. I love all the beautiful postcards!