Wednesday 8 September 2010

What a beautiful week we've had

Such a sunny week, late summer sunshine after a pretty wet summer. I feel bad for the nightmare of a time going on in Pakistan & New Zealand. I wish I could do something. I made some bags for the Haiti disaster but it was a tiny spek of a thing to do. To avoid feeling completely useless & that it's all futile, I will just have to sit & enjoy my little bit of sun & spare a thought.

I've been making, but I need to make some more if I've a hope in Christmas of earnng a living in the latter part of the year!


Another 'postcard' collage



These are all that are left from last years decorations, can't quite see that wonderful deep burgundy velvet in the pic - I shall be making some more of these, as they sell (slowly) thru the year too.



I need lots more like these



One of the brooches is going to my little goddaughter in Cape Town, SA

And some squares



The first 2 are rubbish out of the bin (at work (I'm such a shite hawk!) then an adaptation of a card I was making, next I finally tried a tecnique from the episode on Talking Threads by Kim Thittichai - I bought a magnum icecream, well, I had to didn't I? & ironed it under some baking parchment, watched it shrivel up then highlighted it with..., yes gold. The m is on the end of the ice cream stick, M is also my loved one's nickname for me. Inspired by Jill, I filled a clear bit of rubbish with some tiny things laying on my desk & ironed it (under some baking parchment) Love the way everything sticks in place. Last, more clearing up my sewing table (a tiny bit) with some needle felting. I've already broken 2 needles, I was warned! (how can little bits of fluff be so strong?)

Thanks for your comment, Angeline. I've tried again to add you to my blogroll but it just won't save it. This link works here, tho, so when you all have a mo, do visit!

Right, off to 'make' some more...& have a coffee in that sunshine before it dissapears.

13 comments:

Heloise said...

Love the colours you have used in the cuff and brooches. Glad you have had some sunshine, it makes such a difference to how one feels.
I agree with you about Pakistan and New Zealand, I find it hard to take in what has happened in the floods.

Unknown said...

Lovely makes, the colours you use look fantastic! I feel bad about Pakistan and now New Zealand too, but it's so hard to do anything about it... x

ju-north said...

Lovely work as always!

jan said...

Love all the things you've made. Janice x

Anonymous said...

It's getting to be that busy time of making, isn't it...Great squares....
Easy to feel helpless with what is going on in Pakistan and NZ. We just have to do what we can do close to home and hope we can help one person. xox Corrine

Anonymous said...

Lovely work, Em. Kudos to you for doing something for Haiti - disaster on such a huge scale like that of Pakistan and New Zealand is overwhelming. Lesley x

Lorraine said...

you have been busy love all the layers and textures

Jill said...

Love your brooches and cuff - so your colours.

Jan said...

Yes, enjoy your sun while you may and I will do the same, next time I see it;-) Love your brooches and the ornaments.

ruairi said...

You have such talent!!

Id love to visit Skye sometime..Ive seen the peat-bog Faries perform a few times :-D

jackie said...

I don't have an embellisher so that's no contest. The Cas Holmes book has a link to what both you and I do. I don't find any particular new ideas but it is well worth it for the beautiful images,and general inspiration. Also it makes me feel less daft to be saving all this wrapping paper etc.. I love the look of natural dyes, but don't think I will ever pursue it far. You sound to be v. busy already.

My Creative House said...

Thanks for visit and comment on my blog Emma, I like your work very much, the cuff and brooches are done in so beautiful colors.
Anni

Linda Vincent said...

Sorry I nearly missed this post Emma! And I really like all your fabric pieces.
The squares are very inspiring too; now what was Jill up to......
Linda xx
PS It isn't the fluff thats too strong...its you ;-)