Tuesday 11 October 2011

The fog is starting to lift!

"I can see blue sky throught the tears in my eyes & I know, I'm going home" Probably miss quoted but does anybody recognise that? I know I'm home already but sometimes you can't see what's in front of your nose & need reminding. I'm feeling like the fog is starting to lift but it may be a while till I stop grumbling at everything! I've had some wonderfully supportive comments (when blogger allows - so frustrating!!!) & emails for which I'm truly grateful. I know I'm not alone but I guess there comes a point where you've just got to get on & deal with things, whether you feel like it or not. The DH has been great....just getting on with things, it's his way. Me, I yell & moan a bit....then eventually get on with it. Huh.

So all I was able to do last week was make backgrounds knowing I was going to cut them up for cards (I'd kind of let slip from my mind a couple of small card orders...) I waited till this morning for some pics as I keep running out of light in the day (oh for a daylight studio!) & now it's black sky or blinding sunshine!! so excuse the lack of quality in these photos ;)



Gesso on an old calendar page 'drawn' into, scrbbled on with watersoluable crayons when dry, dissolved  a bit, cut up & edged with gold leaf pen




Oh, crooked, too - no time for photoshop!

Strips, stitched down, cut into strips across the top, stitched down, random stitching all about,  cut into 1/4's stitched together (you don't want too much bulk) cut to about 2" x 1" 1/2, edged with  zigzag.


Painted ground, stamped & paper from the bits & pieces box stuck down, a bit of crayon & gold wax



Same as above. These do well at Christmas craft fairs as they aren't Christmassy I guess, altho I will make some trees & icicle types, too...

Off to my day job I go, you've just got to be grateful, really, being able to do lots of different jobs, haven't you?

15 comments:

Heloise said...

Great collection of cards you have created. Full of colour and life.

artymess said...

great stuff .....and good for creativity ...x

Kelly Warren said...

we all need time to grumble, don't we? :-) i love the way you cut these up to make smaller cards. really makes them unique.

Anonymous said...

I see you are back creating some colorful wonders. I have to get at it myself, so much has been going on I feel out of sync. Time to get on with it, eh! xox Corrine

Maggi said...

What lovely backgrounds. Go ahead and grumble if it means that you produce things like this. We all have our own coping strategies.

Carole Reid said...

These pieces of art would never suggest you were feeling grumbly! So cheerful looking.
Some of my best work has been done while grumbling!

Iz said...

And she's back! Great colour combinations, really zingy. I'm glad the blue sky is peeking through again!

Su said...

Love the colours - so much life in them! Glad the gloom is lifting and you're feeling good again. (Is it from Rocky Horror?)

Numinosity said...

Wow, those are some popping colors! Somedays it just feels like I'm just pecking away at stuff in the studio rather than full blown creations but then you have all those wonderful elements to play with when the inspiration really starts rolling. Sorry you're feeling grumbly, It's hard to imagine as it is at odds with how I've come to know you here.
xoxo Kim

ju-north said...

Pleased you are getting back to 'normal'! Your work is lovely as always, a real expression of the 'real' you!

Katie said...

glad your fog is lifting...however, even "just doing backgrounds" as you say, is pretty amazing in a fog! Love those cards!!

ArtPropelled said...

Gorgeous cards! I love the bright orange before it was cut up and after. Hope your weather settles into an Autumn to be envied. I'm wishing our Spring/Summer would pass so I can enjoy Autumn again.

Jill said...

You haved zinged in with a whole new palette of colours here Emma, good to see you're feeling inspired again.

Linda’s Textiles said...

Lovely new cards! hope you're feeling a little more yourself now. I thinks it pretty normal to have a flat period after something like your exhibition.

Linda Vincent said...

Good to see your creative side is flourishing!!
xx